Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Wing Nite

As some of you may know I sling hash to pay the bills. I work at a bar and grill with a contingent of the baddest bitches I've ever met. I love my job...except for.....wing night.
Oh lamentable wing night! Oh wing night of foulness and filth! Oh put a hex on thee wing night! When I arrive in hell, I will be forced to consume cheap chicken wings (and likely wear a visor, but that is another story).
So the chicken wings are 35 cents each. You must order at least six (no sir you cannot have one wing). People actually insist on separate tickets! 20, 30 people will come in for wings....separately. Neighbors, co-workers, friends, married people with their separate tickets are you kidding me? Did you never like him enough to spend $2.10 on his punk ass? Can he pay you back tomorrow? It's as if the wing sauce temporarily inhibits seemingly normal people's abilities to do basic math. I could go on about this particular day of the week and likely will sometime later but if ever a heroic thing was ever done, at least in my mind, it will be walking in there tonight, my shaved head held high, my server-tron smile plastered across my face, and not smacking a bitch upside the head! Really sir, really you ordered 55 chicken wings and you say there are only 54 here? Really? If that is the worst thing to happen to you today sir, congratulations!
XO
Miss A.

6 comments:

Venus in the Kitchen said...

I'm afraid your post may have back fired. I read the whole thing but all I came away with was, "Holy shit it's wing night? Where's my spare change?" :-)

Kathy said...

A bald-headed waitress with an insane glint in her eye would make me a VERY polite wing buyer.

Unknown said...

Chicken Wings are the official food of Asshole Business People.

- JBeers

Kim said...

What is with people and chicken wings. Eating crap off a bone-let alone a measley piece of crap with skin-I don't get it.

I see Cynical Mud Babe shaved her head. You have some great friends. That is way cool!

supergirlest said...

..and yet you rocked it like no other... ;)

grover. funny.

Unknown said...

You have a way with words. Thanks for mentally bitch-slapping the folks that don't realize how lucky they are to even be able to attend a "wing nite", much less be waited on by such a rockin' gal. Thanks for making me laugh out loud!