Sunday, August 10, 2008

Word on the Street

So yeah, chemo! Wow. Not fun. The strangest part is the waiting. DOCTOR gave me a dozen scripts and a laundry list of side effects and said "Fare ye well" to which I replied "You're kidding!"
Abusing highly addictive and potent narcotics was a touchstone of my misspent youth. I was really good at it. Its not as much fun when you actually need them, let me tell you. So here is the rundown. Keemoz makes food taste bad, makes my bones hurt, makes the sky heavy. Keemoz makes me incapable of listening to people bitch on their cell phones...I just walk away now. Keemoz makes the pets think I've been poisoned because I smell like heavy metals. Keemoz makes me cry which just makes me mad! But I love this wretched poison too. Its killing this nasty stuff...everything else but also the nasty stuff.
We had a show last night. That was crazy. Next time I think I ought to take the drugs they give me but I figured I wouldn't be able to sing well if I did. I have done a little singing over-served before. Its likely the same thing.
I learned a little about rumors and this town last night. Word on the street gives me a 20% chance of getting through this. Wow! 20%! Have you naysayers such little respect for this old battle axe?? Let me just clear this up right now.....I AM NOT GOING TO DIE YOU FUCKING FOOLS! If you've got money on it I would suggest another horse because this little pony ain't done yet. Lawsy!
And I also learned a little more about this town.....you all look so beautiful with your shaved heads!! It makes me want to put you all in my pocket! You are all amazing.
I cannot put words right today but I figured I'd post something. I will re-read it and find it not making any sense. But nothing really makes sense anymore. XO

5 comments:

Mary Mary said...

Well whoever said 20% sure as hell don't know you!

And, boy, this new do sure is breezy! ;b

lots of love!

-Mary

The Future Was Yesterday said...

I survived a brain tumor that was cancerous a little more than a couple years ago. My main Doctor came in one day and laid it on the line: "I don't think you're ever going to leave this hospital." To which I replied, "Not with you in my way. Get out of my room and never come back!!!"

Here I am......!!!! Hope isn't a campaign slogan. That's only for the people that don't really need it. For us, it's the weapon we use to beat up everything and anything that makes us feel bad until it quits first!
He lost, but he was right. He helped me win.

Hugs.....

Eartha Delights said...

My head. Buzzed. This week. We'll start a trend.

molly p. hall said...

Hang in there woman! I've been through cancer & still am. If there's anything we need to remember is we are INVINCIBLE!
Email me on myspace if you ever feel like it. I'm here for ya!

You Friend,
Molly

Kim said...

I'm coming to you from Cynical Mud Babe's site.

Keep that spunkiness going girl! I'll be rooting for you.